CURRENT COURSES & TRAINING:
BAD DAY AT THE RANGE?
AL GORE GUN SAFETY AWARD
What is Algore DOING, checking for an empty barrel?
I'm not even gonna mention his pack!
The Boy Scouts pack a better ruck than that!
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR THE IDIOT AWARD
1. Follow the 12 golden rules.
2. Know and follow all the rules of the Shooting Range.
3. Listen and do what the Range Master tells you to do.
4. Uncase and case your gun at the shooting bench, never behind the safety line.
5. Always keep the barrel pointed down range.
6. Always Keep the gun on safe until you intend to shoot
7. Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
8. Never shoot at water or hard surfaces.
Always pick up your spent cases and/or shells when you’re done shooting.
- Always take down your targets when you’re done shooting.
- Always straighten up your area before you leave.
- Never eat or drink while shooting. After shooting always wash your hands and face before you eat or drink. It is also a good idea to change your clothes as soon as possible and put them in the wash to avoid spreading powder residue.
The 12 Golden rules for Safe Gun Handling
1. Always treat the gun as loaded.
2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always keep your finger straight, and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
4. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
5. Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
6. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
7. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
8. Always use proper Ammunition.
9. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
10. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold your shooting position for
several seconds; then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload
11. Don't rely on the gun's safety to keep it from firing
12. Be aware of your surroundings when handling guns so you don’t trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.